Previously, I shared the Creamy Cinnamon Vanilla Raw Popsicles as the “star of the show” at a Vega event in Southern California. In reality, the vanilla flavor was my top pick, but there were a few flavors served, and Tony selected these Mocha Fudgesicles as his preferred dessert.
Judging by the fact that the mocha fudgesicles were the first creamy pops to disappear from our table, I’m guessing he wasn’t alone when picking favorites.
These mocha fudgesicles are insanely creamy thanks to the blend of rich cashews, coconut, and the protein powder (yes, it’s very smooth!). They’re also filled with nutrition and just enough indulgence to call them dairy-free “ice cream” treats. And did I mention how quick and easy they are to make? You will want to pre-soak your cashews before blending, and of course, patience is required as they freeze, but the hands-on time for making these mocha fudgesicles is a mere 5 to 10 minutes!
The recipe with photos for these vegan mocha popsicles was shared with us by Vega.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Mocha Fudgesicles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. This recipe could easily be made paleo, too, with your sweetener of choice.
- 150 grams (5.3 ounces) raw cashews, soaked (2 hours or more) and drained
- 120 grams (4.25 ounces) coconut meat (fresh, if possible)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (homemade or store-bought)
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup strong brewed fair trade coffee
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop Vega Mocha Sport Performance Protein
- Place all ingredients in your blender and puree until smooth and creamy. If you aren't using a high-powered blender, start with half of the almond milk and add the rest once the mixture is pureed.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until set - usually around 4 hours.
Chocolate Coating: Optionally melt your favorite dairy-free dark chocolate with just a teaspoon of coconut oil. Cool it to room temperature. Once the bars are set, remove them and dip in the chocolate coating. If desired, roll in some chopped nuts and/or shredded coonut. Place on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper in the freezer to set up.