Both my Perfect Pumpkin Bread for All and original Pumpkin Nog Bread recipes are gluten-free and free of top allergens. But I’ve had many requests from those who don’t shun wheat. So, after several tests, I’ve reached the perfect ratio for an amazing dairy-free and vegan Pumpkin Nog Bread that uses wheat flour, but still has no need for eggs or nuts!
Topped with a drizzle or two of dairy-free nog icing (yes, a sweet double dose of So Delicious Dairy Free Nog!), this vegan pumpkin bread is perfect for serving at parties or carefully wrapping up for gift-giving. Trust me, the recipients will never guess that this is a “free-from” delight!
Also, it is a great make ahead recipe. The flavors intensify and it takes on delightful moisture when made a night or two in advance. However, the icing should be prepared and drizzled over this vegan pumpkin nog bread on the day you will be serving it.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Pumpkin Nog Bread
This recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian (as long as you use this Nog), but still moist, tender, cohesive and delicious. For a gluten-free version, see my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Nog Bread Recipe.
If you prefer to avoid refined sugars, you can substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar, though the results will be a little less sweet. For more of a dessert, feel free to up the brown sugar or coconut sugar by a quarter cup more, or to taste.
For a discount on dairy-free Nog or Pumpkin Spice to make this vegan pumpkin nog bread, print this So Delicious Coupon
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (reduce to 1 teaspoon above 3000 feet altitude)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1-1/4 cups dairy-free Nog (I use So Delicious Dairy Free Nog or Pumpkin Spice)
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar (see note in post above for options)
- ¼ cup rice bran, grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dairy-Free Nog Icing, optional (but excellent!)
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF and grease 4 mini-loaf tins.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, blend (with a large spoon or mixer) the pumpkin, Nog, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture until all is just combined. It actually becomes smooth quickly.
- Divide the batter between your prepared tins, smoothing out the tops with the back of a spoon or spatula. The batter is a little thick.
- Bake the bread for 45 to 55 minutes, or until firm to the touch. The bread should pull slightly away from the pan when done, it will be lightly browned, and a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf should come out fairly clean (a few little crumbs are okay).
- Let the loaves cool for 10 minutes, before popping them out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Resist the urge to cut into these loaves while still hot. Like any bread, they will be a bit crumbly when hot, but firm up perfectly as they cool.
- If desired, drizzle on icing at least 10 minutes before serving.
Pingback: 30 Dairy-Free Holiday Desserts for Your Next Dinner Party
Good golly, miss Molly – this looks amazing! I have some leftover So Delicious Nog too, woo hoo!
Pingback: Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Nog Bread Recipe - Go Dairy Free
Pingback: Dairy-Free Nog Icing Recipe - Go Dairy Free