Bryanna is a master at recreating traditionally dairy-laden recipes as creamy vegan delights. But in this case, she was inspired by an already dairy-free product, Silk’s Pumpkin Spice Soymilk. They no longer sell the pumpkin spice flavor, but you can still enjoy this “guilt-free” homemade version.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Nog
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 (12.3-ounce) box extra-firm silken tofu
- 1½ cups plain dairy-free milk beverage
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ⅜ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- heaping ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- heaping ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dairy-free creamer or rich milk beverage (like full-fat soymilk or nut milk)
- ½ cup rum, spiced rum, bourbon, or brandy (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 15 to 18 ice cubes
- Fresh grated nutmeg and cinnamon sticks, for garnish (optional)
- Crumble the tofu into you blender. Add the milk beverage, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add the creamer, alcohol (if using), and vanilla. And the ice cubes, and blend until smooth, frothy, and thickened.
- Serve immediately in small glasses or cups. Optionally garnish each serving with grated nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.
Key Pantry Supplies: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Nog