Before you start in with the “punch is always dairy free” commentary, I have a few things to say. First, Go Dairy Free is about enjoying every aspect of dairy-free living, not just dairy alternatives. We revel in things that are naturally dairy free. Second, how do you know that punch is definitely dairy free? You would be surprised where dairy can hide! Finally, it’s spiced cider punch made with ginger beer – yum! How could I not share this recipe?
Spiced Cider Punch with Spiked and Non-Alcoholic Options
If you’re looking to host an unforgettable holiday cocktail party, punch can make a memorable impression on your guests, dairy-free or not. In fact, I think this spiced cider punch could bring your get-together to the next level.
Punch initially reached the height of its popularity during the Victorian Age. It was originally made with alcohol, but Queen Victoria’s preference had great influence on making it a non-alcoholic option. Champagne punch briefly regained favor, and alcohol, during the roaring 1920s. And now, punch is trending again thanks to the art of mixology.
This spiced cider punch is delicious with alcohol or without. You can even split the batch and spike just half of it. Either way, you can make it a party centerpiece with charming drink dispensers, an unusual punch bowl, or elegant glass pitchers.
This spiced cider punch recipe with photo was shared with us by treetop.com.
Special Diet Notes: Spiced Cider Punch
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 (64-ounce) bottle pure pressed apple cider (like Tree Top Sweet & Tart)
- 16 ounces ginger beer
- 2 oranges, juice only
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 cup vodka or light rum (optional)
- 1 sliced Granny Smith apple
- 6 star anise pieces, plus additional for garnish
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Frozen cranberries, for garnish (optional)
- Colored sugars or ginger crystals, for garnish (optional)
- In a punch bowl, combine the apple cider, ginger beer, orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, and vodka or rum, if using (omit for a non-alcoholic version).
- Add the apple slices, star anise pieces, cloves, and cinnamon sticks to the punch.
- Personalize each serving with additional star anise pieces, frozen cranberries, and sugars or ginger crystals around the glass rim, as desired. Serve cold.