This recipe for spinach artichoke dip mac and cheese is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Talia Hassid. To qualify, the recipe includes Cashew Milk and Greek-style Almond Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Spinach Artichoke Dip Mac and Cheese
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
- 16 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 1½ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Cashew Milk
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance buttery spread)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 wedge Daiya dairy-free Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 package Go Veggie vegan garlic and chive cream cheese
- 1 container So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Almond Milk Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup dairy-free parmesan (Talia uses Go Veggie)
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- ½ can artichokes (drained and chopped)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed crackers, for topping
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the cashew milk and margarine on the stove over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Add in the chopped garlic and Jack cheese and continue to mix until the cheese is mostly melted.
- Add in the cream cheese, yogurt, and parmesan and mix until fully melted and smooth.
- Pour your drained pasta into the cheese sauce, and add the drained spinach and chopped artichokes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with bread crumbs or crushed crackers if desired.
Want another delicious recipe like this one? Try my Southwestern Stovetop Mac and Cheese.