This simple yet elevated recipe for vegan strawberry sauce was originally shared with us by chef Mark Reinfeld, author of Vegan World Fusion Cuisine, and several other plant-based cookbooks. Today, we’re giving this recipe post a big update! He created it to serve over vegan cheesecake, but it’s delicious on dairy-free ice cream, too. Mark adds his own special touch to this simple recipe with a few unique ingredients. He also leaves chopped strawberries throughout and avoids thickeners, to let the fruit flavors shine. He says this recipe works well or making other fruit sauces.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Strawberry Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 7 tablespoons (scant ½ cup) water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- ½ teaspoon minced mint leaves (optional)
- Pinch cardamom
- Pinch cinnamon
- Place the strawberries and water in a small sauté pan and heat over low heat until the strawberries start to break apart, approximately 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweetener, mirin, mint (if using), cardamom, and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
Pingback: Vegan Cheesecake Recipe (Dairy-Free & Nut-Free)