Today let’s enjoy an alfresco lunch of cucumber on whole wheat pita drizzled with an easy, creamy dairy-free yogurt curry sauce…
This curry sauce recipe was a favorite of my aunt’s years ago, and I decided to bring it back using So Delicious Greek Cultured Almond Milk Yogurt (though you can use the Greek Coconut Milk Yogurt if almond is a no go in your house). Parenthetically, are pitas out of fashion these days? Have they all been replaced by wraps and flatbread? I ask because I went on a bit of a search to find them, and my children were fascinated by the bread with a pocket in the middle.
This simple dairy-free curry sauce is good as a veggie dip or spread on a veggie sandwich. My mom serves it drizzled on her curried butternut squash soup along with toasted squash seeds. Yum. For the pita sandwich, fill half of a whole wheat pita with cucumber slices and top with yogurt sauce.
For a Discount on dairy-free Greek yogurt (almond or coconut!) to make this easy recipe, feel free to print this So Delicious Coupon
- 1 6-ounce carton So Delicious Greek Plain Cultured Almond Milk or Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt (for nut-free)
- ¼ to ½ cup vegan mayonnaise (Vegenaise used here)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whisk the yogurt, ¼ cup mayo, curry powder, and lemon juice until smooth.
- For a thicker, richer dip, whisk in up to ¼ cup more of the vegan mayo.
- Serve on a sandwich, on soup, or with vegetables for dipping.