This recipe for waffles, eggs and dairy-free sausage gravy is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Eileen Stefanski. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Creamer by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Waffles, Eggs and Dairy-Free Sausage Gravy
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free. Just be sure to choose your waffles or waffle recipe wisely. This recipe can easily be gluten-free by using gluten-free all-purpose flour in the dairy-free sausage gravy and your favorite gluten-free and dairy-free waffles.
- ½ pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1½ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Creamer
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 dairy-free waffles, frozen or homemade
- 4 fried eggs
- Brown sausage in large sauté pan. Do not drain grease.
- Whisk in flour. Continue cooking and stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk in coconut creamer, salt and pepper, adjusting to taste. Just before mixture boils, lower heat to medium-low (do not boil.). Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over waffles topped with fried eggs.
I’m curious why you used the So Delicious coffee creamer instead of plain coconut milk?
Hi Bernadette, this isn’t one of my recipes. It was a recipe submission for one of the So Delicious recipe contests that we hosted, so they had to use a So Delicious product. When we held this contest, they didn’t yet have their culinary coconut milk out! You can swap in coconut milk, but it will alter the flavor a bit from their originally intended recipe.