This simple white bean artichoke dip recipe has a mild flavor that goes well as a dip or spread. Feel free to spice it up with a little curry, cayenne, or your favorite blend. It’s a very forgiving backdrop for various flavors. That said, I enjoy huge, healthy scoops of this artichoke dip as is or even served chunky-style atop a salad.
Special Diet Notes: White Bean Artichoke Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 15-ounce can white (cannellini) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts (packed in water and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs or 1 tablespoon fresh (optional; parsley is nice)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse for a coarse dip or puree for a smooth dip. If you don't have a food processor, you can finely chops the artichoke hearts and herbs, and mash all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Taste test, and if desired, add more lemon juice and/or salt, to taste
- Serve with pitas, chips, or carrot sticks and other vegetables.