This recipe for wine-glazed carrots uses just a splash of vino, but offers a great excuse for the cook to enjoy a glass! The alcohol cooks down, and adds depth of flavor to the naturally sweetened carrots. It’s a pretty side dish for almost all to enjoy, because the recipe is naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and vegan-friendly.
This recipe and photo for wine-glazed carrots was shared with us by WineFix.com.
Special Diet Notes: Wine-Glazed Carrots
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. It’s also paleo-friendly, depending on your stance on wine.
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons white pinot grigio wine
- 1 tablespoon honey (can sub agave nectar for vegan)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the carrots. Add the water and cook until the carrots are tender and the water is evaporated.
- Add the white wine and honey and saute for 2 minutes, or until the carrots are glazed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and season the carrots with salt and pepper.
Key Pantry Supplies: Wine-Glazed Carrots
Pingback: Red Wine Pasta Sauce Recipe + Tips for Using Leftover Wine