Special Diet Notes: Allergy-Friendly Waffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1-1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour (superfine if possible)
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- Scant ⅓ cup white or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups non-dairy milk (rice, oat, coconut, soy - whatever works for you)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed, vegetable or melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, gum, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk alternative, oil, and vanilla until relatively smooth.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes while you preheat your waffle iron.
- Prepare the waffles according to the manufacturer's instructions, making sure to liberally spray the griddle as needed between batches to prevent sticking.