This recipe for vanilla citrus bundt cake is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Michelle Hendrickson. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage and Cultured Coconut Milk (dairy-free yogurt) by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This citrus bundt cake already has a double dose of zest thanks to the orange and lemon additions, but you can also add a little punch to the optional icing drizzle by adding a bit of finely grated zest or make it with citrus juice rather than coconut milk.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vanilla Citrus Bundt Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced and zest
- 1 orange, juiced and zest
- ½ (6 oz) container of So Delicious Dairy Free Strawberry Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt)
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup non-hydrogenated dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance )
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Move oven rack to the middle of oven. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Combine coconut milk in a bowl with the vinegar. Whisk. Add in the lemon and orange juices and zest. Whisk. Add in the ½ container of strawberry cultured coconut milk. Whisk.
- With a electric mixer cream sugar and margarine in a mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time beat well till combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour with salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir with a fork. Alternating between the coconut milk mixture and flour mixture add it into the egg mixture slowly until evenly combined but do not over mix.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool 20 minutes and turn out cake onto a rack to cool. When completely cooled pour on optional glaze (below) if desired.