In 2011, we co-hosted a recipe contest with ZenSoy and this recipe for Fat Elvis Vegan Pudding Pops was a winner. It’s a super-easy treat that’s sweet, nutritious, and just indulgent enough. And the recipe is versatile for most dietary needs. So today I’m updating this post to ensure everyone can find it.
Fat Elvis Vegan Pudding Pops made Easy with Dairy-Free Pudding
Kiersten, the recipe creator, used ZenSoy Pudding (4 individual cups) to make these pudding pops. Zen no longer makes soy pudding, but here are some great store-bought and homemade options for the chocolate pudding in this recipe.
- Zen Almondmilk Chocolate Pudding – yes, they make nut-based puddings now!
- Wayfare Chocolate Pudding – this is a great allergy-friendly option.
- Simple Delish Pudding & Pie Filling – this vegan brand has been around for a while and is quite popular.
- Vivian’s Live Again Instant Chocolate Pudding – we haven’t tried this brand yet, but they have a loyal following.
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Pudding Recipe – this is a great basic recipe.
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe – avocado makes a great naturally rich base for pudding.
- Silken Dark Chocolate Pudding – tofu pudding is a delicious classic, and still a favorite.
- Raspberry Chocolate Pudding – the raspberries add another dimension to this recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Fat Elvis Vegan Pudding Pops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For peanut-free pudding pops, you can substitute sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter.
- 1½ cups dairy-free chocolate pudding (see post above)
- 1 large ripe banana, broken into large chunks
- Scant ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- Put the pudding, banana, and peanut butter in your blender of food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
Do you have a recipe for vanilla pudding pops? I am allergic to chocolate.
I don’t have one up, but do you have a copy of Go Dairy Free? The vanilla pudding recipe in it can be frozen into pudding pops.