Go Dairy Free

Go Dairy Free Cookbook - Dairy-Free Recipes, Guide and More

Go Dairy Free Founder joins Allergic Living Magazine as Senior Editor

Posted on by Alisa Fleming in News, Nutrition Headlines with 25 Comments

Alisa Fleming ~ That’s me! I’ve been bursting at the seams to share this news. In addition to my work here, I will now be the Senior Editor for Allergic Living magazine!!

Senior Editor Allergic Living Magazine

Allergic Living has been a well-respected magazine in Canada for many years, and the launch of their U.S. edition last year exceeded expectations. I started as a columnist with them in 2011 when they began their U.S. distribution (you can see two delicious and unique treat recipes from my kitchen in each issue), and jumped at the opportunity to take on a larger role. A few quick reasons why I’m so proud to be a part of this magazine:

Expert Columnists: Dr. Scott Sicherer (Mount Sinai School of Medicine), Dr. Hemant Sharma (Children’s National Medical Center) and Dr. Clifford Bassett (Allergy & Asthma Care of New York), as well as dietitian and celiac expert Shelley Case are regulars that share expertise and new research in each issue. For the Canadian edition, Dr. Susan Waserman (McMaster University, Hamilton) and Dr. Wade Watson (IWK Health Centre, Halifax) are also contributors.

Delicious Food: This magazine is about so much more than food, but it’s hard to ignore the amazing recipes that acclaimed chef Simon Clarke contributes to each issue.

Beautiful Artistic Design: The Editor-in-Chief, Gwen Smith, and Art Director, Giselle Sabatini, are a powerhouse team of professionalism. I’m an extreme magazine connoisseur (dare I say, addict?), and was excited to see a niche magazine like this rival the quality of magazines such as Health, Shape, and other mainstream publications.

The Wide-Reaching Topics: I like to stretch my journalistic wings beyond dairy-free, and Allergic Living offers an amazing platform for this. We cover all food allergies, seasonal / environmental allergies, asthma, celiac disease / gluten intolerance, and more! Everything from food to health to daily life gets face time.

I now hope to deliver amazing content to you both online and offline over the years to come!

For the complete press release: http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2012/12/05/allergic-living-announces-new-senior-editor-and-2013-advances/

For more information on Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com

About Alisa Fleming

Alisa is the founder of GoDairyFree.org, Senior Editor for Allergic Living magazine, and author of the best-selling dairy-free book, Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living. Alisa is also a professional recipe creator and product ambassador for the natural food industry.

View all posts by Alisa Fleming →

25 Comments

1. Tami (Vegan Appetite)December 7, 2012 at 7:04 amReply

Congratulations, Alisa! I hope you love it!

• Alisa FlemingDecember 7, 2012 at 8:13 amReplyAuthor

Thanks Tami, I already do! We need to touch bases for the new year!

2. RickiDecember 7, 2012 at 7:37 amReply

AMAZING news–and mega CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you! It IS a beautiful magazine, and they are so lucky to have you! Can’t wait to see what you do in future issues. Yay!!! :D xo

• Alisa FlemingDecember 7, 2012 at 8:13 amReplyAuthor

Isn’t it? I can’t even tell you how impressed I am with them considering they are an independent magazine. Always beautiful, always well-researched and professional. My new favorite magazine. Okay, I’m a little biased :)

3. Hallie @ Daily BitesDecember 7, 2012 at 7:49 amReply

Yay!! :) You are the perfect gal for the job, Alisa.

• Alisa FlemingDecember 7, 2012 at 8:13 amReplyAuthor

Thanks Hallie, that means a lot from a go-getter like you!

4. Food Allergy AssistantDecember 7, 2012 at 7:59 amReply

Yeah! Congratulations Alisa! I relied on your “no dairy products lists” in my early years of dealing with food allergies. I know you’ll use your experience and expertise to make Allergic Living even better than it is. Much success to you!

• Alisa FlemingDecember 7, 2012 at 8:12 amReplyAuthor

Aw, thanks so much and happy to know I’ve been able to help!

5. HannahDecember 7, 2012 at 4:14 pmReply

Congrats Alisa, I’m so glad it’s official now! I can’t imagine anyone more experienced or better suited for the position, so you completely deserve the promotion, and then some.

• Alisa FlemingDecember 7, 2012 at 6:45 pmReplyAuthor

Thank you – to the best vegan sweets recipe creator ever! (and awesome photographer to boot!)

6. Shirley @ gfeDecember 7, 2012 at 8:06 pmReply

I am just so thrilled for you and all of Allergic Living magazine’s readers, which now include me! As soon as I heard the news I subscribed for 2 years. I know that you will ensure interesting, informative, quality content in this publication!

Congratulations, Alisa!
    Shirley

7. MaggieDecember 8, 2012 at 8:57 amReply

Congrats Alisa! I am so excited for you and Go Dairy Free :) Such a cool endeavor! I had no idea that it all started in Canada – go Canada go :) xo

8. nikDecember 9, 2012 at 4:26 pmReply

Congratulations and many best wishes for your new Senior Editor-ship! You so very much deserve it, with all of your experience and wisdom and talent. I rely on your site for advice and recommend it frequently! All the best to you!

9. Paul AnticoDecember 9, 2012 at 7:56 pmReply

Couldn’t be more psyched for you, Alisa!

10. Lama RimawiDecember 10, 2012 at 8:35 amReply

Congrats, Alisa!! I am so happy for you.

11. Diane Eblin-thewholegangDecember 10, 2012 at 7:51 pmReply

That is so wonderful. I am so happy for you and for those who read the magazine like me!

12. Tasterie Holiday Cookie Swap: Day 3 – Chocolate Chip Cookies from GoDairyFree | TasterieDecember 12, 2012 at 5:31 amReply

[…] a member of the Tasterie Customer Advisory Council, and she was just named a senior editor for Allergic Living magazine. Alisa really knows her […]

13. CarolDecember 13, 2012 at 12:13 pmReply

So happy for you and how lucky for Allergic Living to have snared you!

14. Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten-FreeDecember 27, 2012 at 10:19 amReply

Congratulations!! Allergic Living couldn’t have made a better choice!

15. Alyssa @ Queen of QuinoaJanuary 3, 2013 at 8:08 pmReply

Congrats!! They are very lucky to have you :-)

16. Cybele Pascal Joins Allergic Living Magazine as New Food EditorJanuary 23, 2013 at 5:27 amReply

[…] joined our Allergic Living team as the new Food Editor. As you might recall, I took on the role of Senior Editor with Allergic Living magazine this winter. And, since I love food so much, we’ve amped up […]