Finding specialty foods like dairy-free chocolate, cheese alternatives, and allergy-friendly snacks in stores can be time-consuming and downright tricky at times. But these online food retailers make it easier. Each one offers a broad assortment of dairy-free and vegan products, and many accommodate other dietary needs with the click of a button.
Just about every pantry item is covered, including necessities, indulgences, and everything in between. And a few of these online shops even ship refrigerated and frozen items, like vegan creamer and non-dairy ice cream! The list below is in alphabetical order, and it will automatically update as we add new stores.
The Best Online Food Retailers for Special Diets
Before you start shopping, be sure to sign up for Rakuten (formerly Ebates). Some of these stores offer rebates through Rakuten, and it’s free (no risk, no catch) to sign up. We’ve been using Rakuten for years and always enjoy getting the refund from online shopping.
- Amazon Food & Grocery (U.S.): How to Save Money
- Direct Eats (U.S.): Easy Special Diet Searches
- Goodness Direct (U.K.): The Oldest Online Shop for Special Diets
- Natural Candy Store (Worldwide): A Sweet Shop for Every Special Diet
- Savorfull is an Online Store for Free-From Snack Foods
- The Gluten-Free Mall (Worldwide): For Hard to Find Gluten-Free, Milk-Free Goods
- Undiscovered Kitchen (U.S.): An Online Farmers Market for Small Batch Foods
- Vegan Essentials (U.S.): The Dairy and Meat Alternative Resource
- Vitacost (Worldwide): A Favorite Online Shop for Special Diets and Deals
Did We Miss Any Online Food Retailers?
This list is exclusively for retailers and wholesalers who sell a wide range of brands online. Websites that primarily or exclusively sell their own private label have been excluded. If you have another virtual retailer or wholesaler to recommend, please send us a message!