Recommended by readers like you, these grocery stores offer a good selection of allergy-friendly, dairy-free, and vegan foods. Whether you are new to a city, just visiting, or changing your eating habits, I hope these growing lists will help to make your life a little easier.
The listings are sorted alphabetically by state or province then city, and divided between three major location tabs: United States, Canada, and International (all other countries). Click on the individual listings for details on each restaurant, including a direct link to their website (where applicable). If you have a store to recommend, please contact us!
- *Nationwide Grocer – Good Eggs
- *Nationwide Grocer – Trader Joe’s
- *Nationwide Grocer – Whole Foods
- *Nationwide Grocer – Natural Grocers
- *Regional Grocer – Northeast – Fairway Market
- *Regional Grocer – Northeast – Price Chopper
- *Regional Grocer – Northeast – Wegman’s
- *Regional Grocer – Northwest – Fred Meyer
- *Regional Grocer – Southeast – Ingles Markets
- *Regional Grocer – Southwest, Mountain States – Sprouts Farmers Market
- *Regional Grocer – Northwest – New Seasons Market: A Bit Grocery Find for Special Diets
- Costco has Over 125 Dairy-Free Foods for Your Shopping List
- Trader Joe’s Autumn: You’ll Fall for these 30 Dairy-Free Seasonal Items
- Trader Joe’s Winter: 25 Cool Dairy-Free Seasonal Items
- This section is new, so please contact us with your recommendations for finding special diet foods in the U.K., Australia, and beyond!