Soy-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Even in the cooler months, Hannah Kaminsky doesn’t let go of her ice cream. Instead, the flavors morph to seasonal delights like eggnog, candy cane, gingerbread, and the wonderful vegan pumpkin pie ice cream recipe below.
As Hannah says, “Put on a sweater and crank up the heat, because there’s no way the ice cream will stop churning out of my kitchen!”
In fact, this pumpkin pie ice cream recipe is just a sampling of Hannah’s creativity. You can view more of her amazing frozen desserts in her recipe book, Vegan a la Mode: More Than 100 Frozen Treats for Every Day of the Year.
Vegan pumpkin pie ice cream recipe and photo by Hannah Kaminsky.
Easy as Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 1 15-Ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 14-Ounce Can Regular Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Pinch Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Okay, now this is a real tough recipe, so are you ready? … Take all of the ingredients, and mix them together in a big bowl until smooth and homogeneous.
- Chill if not already cold, and process in your ice cream machine as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer into an air-tight container and freeze until solid before serving.
Not too keen on making a traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving this year? Just make a batch of this ice cream, smooth it into a pre-baked graham cracker crust, and freeze until firm enough to slice. Perfect to make ahead of time, too!
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged autumn, egg--free, food allergy-friendly, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, summer, Thanksgiving, vegan, vegetarian