I’ve been transferring content from my old cooking blog, and this gluten-free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe emerged. It’s a vegan and allergy-friendly favorite, which was slightly adapted from Enjoy Life’s Cookies for Everyone! cookbook. It was first published years ago, but cookie recipes are timeless! These hearty oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are packed with wholesome ingredients. Consequently, they have a nice balance of nutrition and indulgence that kids and adults love.
Special Diet Notes: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, top food allergy-friendly, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour
- ½ cup sorghum flouror oat flour (certified gluten free, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup grapeseed, rice bran, or other neutral baking oil
- ¼ cup water or unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- ¼ cup flaxmeal / ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats or quick oats (certified gluten free, if needed)
- 1 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the flours, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the brown sugar, applesauce, oil, water or milk beverage, flaxmeal, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Blend the ingredients with a hand mixer until relatively smooth. Add the flour mixture and blend again. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough by the rounded tablespoon onto your prepared baking sheet. Flatten each mound of dough slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 14 to 18 minutes, or until they are golden and just a little soft to the touch.
- Let the cookies sit for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. They will firm up as they cool.
Pingback: 22 Dairy-Free Potluck Dessert Recipes Everyone Will Love
I want all these cookies! They look amazing.
Thanks Chrystal, I think they are 🙂
Those look so good! I haven’t had a good oatmeal cookie in a long time. Thanks for the inspo
It’s a classic that get overshadowed by so many other sweet creations!
Loving the chocolate chips instead of the classic oatmeal raisin!
My husband prefers it, too, he isn’t a raisin fan 🙂