Even in the cooler months, Hannah Kaminsky doesn’t let go of her ice cream. Instead, the flavors morph to seasonal delights like eggnog, candy cane, gingerbread, and the wonderful vegan pumpkin pie ice cream recipe below.
As Hannah says, “Put on a sweater and crank up the heat, because there’s no way the ice cream will stop churning out of my kitchen!”
In fact, this pumpkin pie ice cream recipe is just a sampling of Hannah’s creativity. You can view more of her amazing frozen desserts in her recipe book, Vegan a la Mode: More Than 100 Frozen Treats for Every Day of the Year.
Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
Just be sure to select your bourbon wisely (or swap it out) if you’re gluten-free. The alcohol helps to create a creamier, less icy finish, but it doesn’t have to be bourbon.
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 14-ounce can regular full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Okay, now this is a real tough recipe, so are you ready? Take all of the ingredients, and mix them together in a big bowl until smooth and homogeneous.
- Chill in the refrigerator if not already cold. Then process in your ice cream machine as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer into an air-tight container and freeze until solid before serving.