This Coffee Cake receives one of our top marks for both kids and adults. It is a truly indulgent organic dessert that is surprisingly made in a facility free of nuts, eggs, wheat, and dairy. This melt-in-your-mouth coffee cake has a light texture, complemented by a hidden chunky apple filling in the center. We loved the noticeable hint of cinnamon, and the slightly caramelized flavor imparted on the outside of the cake from baking. Overall, the taste was pleasingly sweet, something the little ones (and big ones) are sure to enjoy. It is high in sugar, making it a true dessert, but low in fat, to keep from breaking that pre-bikini diet. As an added bonus, this product arrives freezer and refrigerator friendly, so it can be savored one day at a time for those who do not have an army to feed. We also commend the owner, Jill, for her use of biodegradable peanuts in the packaging. Her entire product comes with a lot of heart.
- Pros: Vegan, Organic, Free from the Top Allergens, Low Fat (no saturated or trans fats), Delicious Made from Scratch Taste
- Cons: The baker doesn’t live next door.
- Kids of All Ages
- Allergen-Free Birthday Parties
- Sunday Brunch
- Dessert (warmed and topped w/ a big scoop of non-dairy ice cream)
- Former Entenmann’s Junkies
Where to Buy:
- Online – Direct from Gak’s Snacks