This chocolate pudding is not only dairy-free, it’s also so simple, so rich, and seriously creamy. It comes together so easily with just a handful of ingredients and makes such a luscious chocolate pudding. Top it with some CocoWhip and dark chocolate shavings to make it even more decadent!
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, vegetarian, peanut-free, and optionally soy-free or nut-free.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups soy milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water to form a paste.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, stir together soy milk, vanilla, sugar, cocoa and cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Pudding will continue to thicken as it cools. Allow to cool five minutes, then chill in refrigerator until completely cool.