This coffee cheesecake ice cream was a Runner-Up Recipe from the Galaxy Foods Dairy-Free Ice Cream Contest. The entrants used Galaxy’s vegan cream cheese alternative to create a vegan ice cream recipe.
This recipe was created by Hidemi Walsh.
- 8 ounces Galaxy Classic Plain Veggie Cream Cheese Alternative
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Milk Alternative, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee
- ¼ cup Sliced Almond
- ¼ cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Instant Coffee
- 4 tablespoons Sliced Almond
- Heat 1 cup almond milk in a microwave for 45-60 seconds. Then add 1 teaspoon instant coffee and stir well.
- Put 8 oz cream cheese alternative, ½ cup granulated sugar and almond milk and coffee mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Then add ¼ cup sliced almond. Mix well.
- Put the mixture into a container and freeze for a couple of hours.
- When the ice cream gets hard and ready to serve, make almond café ole sauce. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup almond milk, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons instant coffee. Heat in a microwave for about 15 seconds. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir until instant coffee and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour the ¼ of hot almond café ole sauce on the serving plate, place ¼ ice cream on the sauce. Sprinkle sliced almond on top. Repeat with remaining servings.