Recipe provided by Blue Diamond Growers…
Special Diet Notes: Whole Wheat Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free and vegetarian.
- 2¾ cups whole wheat flour (preferably white-wheat)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup original dairy-free milk beverage (such as Almond Breeze)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup rice bran oil or your favorite baking oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds or pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease 12 jumbo muffin cups (or 24 regular-size muffin cups).
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the milk beverage, pumpkin, honey, eggs, and oil to a mixing bowl, and beat with a hand mixer until foamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix or stir just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the raisins and almonds or pumpkin seeds.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups; they should be about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffin tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the tins before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.