They’ve done it. Whole Foods has come out with the first vegan oat whipped topping. And unlike many other oat-forward products, this one is gluten-free, coconut-free, and pea protein-free. In fact, their 365 Oat-Based Whipped Topping contains just seven ingredients, not counting the nitrous oxide to make it into a spray whip. As an added bonus, it’s surprisingly light in calories and sugar.
365 Oat-Based Whipped Topping is a Vegan Exclusive from Whole Foods
Once you’ve bought and tried this vegan whipped topping, be sure to leave your unbiased rating and review below! It helps others make an informed purchasing decision.
Ingredients: water, tapioca syrup, cane sugar, whole oat flour, palm kernel oil, natural flavor, gellan gum, nitrous oxide (whipping propellant).
Nutrition (per 2 tablespoons): 10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, <1g sugars (includes <1g added sugars), 0g protein.*
Who Makes 365 Oat-Based Whipped Topping?
Generics aren’t typically produced by the grocery store themselves. But this appears to be a specialty product made specifically for Whole Foods. For that reason, we aren’t sure who the producer is.
Dispenser Not Working?
Please note that one of the main ingredients in this whip is palm kernel oil. This type of oil is solid at cold temperatures. In order to properly dispense, you must warm the whip (can under warm or hot water), then shake very well, and then turn directly upside down (vertical) to dispense. If nothing is coming out, it’s likely too firm still, and needs to warm up a little more. Yes, this isn’t as easy as it should be, but this is how it rolls with dairy-free spray whips!
More Facts on 365 Oat-Based Whipped Topping
- Price: $3.99 per 6.25-ounce canister
- Availability: 365 Oat-Based Whipped Topping is sold at Whole Foods stores in the U.S. It might be in Canada, too. Look for it in the refrigerated section with the spray whipped creams.
- Certifications: 365 Oat-Based Whipped Topping is Certified Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Verified, and Certified Kosher D (for dairy equipment, not ingredients; see our Understanding Kosher Guide)
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, 365 Oat-Based Whipped Topping is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Whole Foods website at www.wholefoodsmarket.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
I have been waiting for a non-dairy, non-soy-based whipped topping for years. This does not disappoint! Had it on the vegan pumpkin pie from the WF bakery and it was a slice of heaven. It’s also good sprayed directly into your mouth, not that I would know because I’m way too classy to do that. 😉