These banana chocolate chip muffins are another favorite shared with us by our Associate Editor, Sarah. The recipe originally appeared on her blog No Whey, Mama, but she wanted Go Dairy Free viewers to enjoy it, too! The simple recipe uses 8 everyday ingredients, and is part wheat for a sneaky bit of wholesomeness. It’s also oil-free, but you can add a couple tablespoons of oil if you prefer a more tender texture.
Special Diet Notes: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free, dairy-free banana chocolate chip muffins, you can substitute your favorite gluten-free flour blend for both flours.
For vegan banana chocolate chip muffins, most egg replacers should work nicely. You can use a powdered version, or swap in 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed or chia seeds plus 1/3 cup water or milk beverage.
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and grease or line about 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the bananas and eggs with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Stir in the flours, sugar, salt, and baking soda until just combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pantry Ingredients & Supplies: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins