Adapted from www.vegan-food.net
Special Diet Note: Tofu Cream Cheese Alternative
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup extra firm silken tofu
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon brown rice syrup or 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Directions: Allow tofu to sit wrapped in a kitchen towel or paper towel for 30 minutes to draw out excess moisture. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl and chill.
- Herbed – 1 clove Minced Garlic, ¼ teaspoon Dried Dill, ¼ teaspoon Dried Rosemary, ¼ teaspoon Dried Thyme, and ¼ teaspoon Dried Parsley.
- Caraway – 1 clove Minced Garlic, 1 Tablespoon Chopped Capers, 2 teaspoons Ground Caraway.
- Date & Nut – ¼ cup Chopped Pitted Dates or Raisins, ¼ cup Chopped Walnuts, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, may add a touch of additional maple syrup for a sweet variety.
- Pineapple – ¼ cup drained, crushed pineapple.
- Veggie – 1 clove Minced Garlic, 1 Minced Scallion/Green Onions, 1 Small Carrot, Finely Grated, ¼ cup Minced Red Bell Pepper, ¼ cup Chopped Fresh Parsley.
- Herb & Tomato – 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste, 1 teaspoon Onion Powder, ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder, ¼ teaspoon Dried Thyme, ¼ teaspoon Paprika, 1/8 teaspoon Ground Dill, Pinch of Cayenne Pepper.
- Salmon – ¼ cup Flaked Barbeque Style Salmon, 2 Tablespoons Minced Scallion/Green Onions or ¼ teaspoon Dill