Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Orange Vegan Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian.
- 3-4 oz (75-100g) vegan margarine
- 9 oz (250g) vegan digestive biscuits
- 1 lb (450g) firm tofu, mashed
- juice of one and a half oranges
- 1 banana or rind of 1 orange
- 2 oz (55g) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 oz (55g) sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons dairy-free milk beverage
- Base: Melt the margarine gently in a saucepan. Crush the digestive biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Remove margarine from heat and mix in biscuit crumbs. Press into 11″ flan tin.
- Topping: Mix the tofu, orange juice, banana or orange rind, cocoa, oil and sugar to a smooth consistency — preferably in a food processor. If it doesn’t mix well, add a few tablespoons soya milk. Place over the base and smooth the top. Cook for 30-40 minutes at 175ºC. Remove from oven, cool and chill overnight in fridge. Add topping of your choice e.g. slices of orange or grated chocolate.