Special Diet Notes: 1-2-3 Portobello Chicken
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1½ pounds portobello mushrooms, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a baking pan just large enough to fit all ingredients snugly in one layer.
- Mix thoroughly, making sure the turmeric is coating the chicken and mushrooms.
- Place the chicken in the pan breast side down, mushrooms all around.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour.
- Turn the chicken over and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Let the chicken rest just a few minutes before cutting.
- Serve hot with all accumulated liquids.