Honey Dijon Alaskan Salmon
Author: Alaska Seafood Marketing Association
- Non-stick aluminum foil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tablespoon melted (dairy-free margarine)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a 13×9×2-inch baking pan with non-stick foil with non-stick (dull) side toward food. Combine honey, mustard, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place salmon portions in center of foil-lined pan. Arrange asparagus around salmon. Sprinkle with walnuts; drizzle with reserved sauce.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes for frozen salmon OR 20 to 22 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
For best texture, select thinner asparagus spears when cooking with fresh/thawed fish or thicker spears with frozen fish.