Tilapia with Miso Mushroom Sauce
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 8 fillets tilapia, about 6 ounces each, thoroughly dried with paper towels
- ⅓ cup dark miso paste
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sake or dry white wine
- Ground pepper to taste
- 8 scallions, sliced very thin
- 3 cups shitaki mushrooms caps, sliced very thin
- Preheat the oven to 450*f.
- Place fillets in a baking pan just large enough to fit in one layer. In a little bowl, combine the miso paste, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sake and ground pepper, and spread on top of the fillets. Scatter the scallions and shitaki mushrooms on top of the fillets.
- Bake for fifteen minutes. Serve hot, with cooking juices on top of each serving.