This thai noodles recipe comes from Wildwood Foods, the makers of various organic soy products, such as tofu, soy yogurt, and many others.
Special Diet Notes: Thai Noodles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, optionally peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 package plain tofu (such as Wildwood Organics)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 8 oz package rice noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup soynut butter or smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce/tamari
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped peanuts, optional
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cut tofu into ¼" slices. Marinate in 1 C of water and ¼ C soy sauce for 10 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees, turning once. Remove from oven and let cool. Tear cooled tofu in bite-sized pieces.
- Add garlic, ginger, water, soynut butter or peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil to food processor and blend well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Transfer noodles to a serving bowl. While noodles are still hot, top with the sauce and tofu pieces. Garnish with the cilantro leaves and chopped peanuts. Squeeze lime over noodles. Serve immediately.