Need a quick pick me up? These pistachio fig bites are loaded with quick energy and heart healthy nutrition. The recipe was shared with us by the American Pistachio Growers, along with these recipes for Tex Mex Pitas and Chocolate Pistachio Coffee Cake.
Special Diet Notes: Pistachio Fig Bites
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
- Remove 8 whole pistachios, halve them and set aside for garnishing.
- Finely chop 2 tablespoons of remaining pistachios in a food processor, remove from container.
- Combine remaining pistachios, figs and orange peel in the food processor. Process until the mixture forms into a ball, less than 1 minute.
- Shape the mixture into an 8-inch log, then roll it in the reserved chopped nuts. Chill until firm.
- Cut the log into 16 slices. Place halved pistachios in center of each.