This Almond Candy recipe was an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Vanitha Rajendran
- 1 cup almonds (whole)
- 1 cup plain milk alternative (such as So Delicious Original Coconut Milk Beverage)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- ½ teaspoon saffron (soaked in 2ml hot water for 5 minutes)
- Soak the almonds for 2 hours and peel off the skin,
- Grind the almonds with coconut milk and sugar to a paste.
- To a non-stick pan add the ground paste, saffron extract and cook on stove on medium heat.
- Keep stirring, add the almond oil and continue stirring until it becomes thick in consistency and not sticky.
- Pour out on to a tray greased with oil.
- Garnish the candy with sliced almonds or whole.
- Cool down for 20 minutes and Cut into diamonds and serve.