Special Diet Notes: Raw Grain-Free Cauliflower Couscous Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
This simple raw couscous recipe was submitted by Meghan Telpner, Certified Nutritionist, and you would never know that it's grain free. This can be made with nearly 100% local ingredients, so do your best to collect what you can from your local farmer’s market. This makes a great cold salad to enjoy with lunch or dinner or served with your favorite crackers and chickpea or raw zucchini hummus.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup black olives, seeded and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Process cauliflower in food processor with ‘s’ blade to achieve cous cous like consistency (can also chop finely by hand).
- Place in bowl and add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix in herbs, tomatoes, pepper and olives.
- Stir well and serve chilled.