Special Diet Notes: Summer Bean Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup wine vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil [use canola or grapeseed for soy-free]
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1 green paper, cut into rings or strips
- 1 – 15oz can cut green beans
- 1 – 15oz can cut wax beans
- 1 – 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 – 15oz can garbanzo beans
- In a small bowl, blend together the vinegar, oil, and sugar. Set aside.
- Drain the juice from the 4 cans of beans and empty them into a large bowl.
- Combine the sliced green peppers, onions, and beans.
- Stir the dressing and pour over the vegetables.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight and toss again.