McDonald’s recently introduced Buttermilk Crispy Chicken to their menu and it is fried in a common fryer with their dairy-free chicken items, making them unsafe for the severely allergic. Please use caution.
Also, as noted by a reader, the French Fries ingredients are not listed in the nutritional information but are listed under the description of French Fries on the main website. They do contain dairy. The Chicken McNuggets® ingredients are also listed on the main website instead of under Nutritional Information. They do not contain dairy but are fried in a common fryer with the Buttermilk Crispy Chicken.
Edit: December 2015–“McDonald’s USA is now adding real milk to the folded eggs served in its biscuit sandwiches, bagel sandwiches and McGriddle sandwiches served in restaurants located in the Biloxi/Gulfport and Laurel/Hattisburg areas in Mississippi.
McDonald’s wants to make customers with milk allergies aware of this change in the egg recipe in these locations so they can make whatever decisions they deem appropriate when visiting McDonald’s restaurants.
For more information, please contact the McDonald’s Customer Service Center at (800) 244-6227.”
No Dairy (Milk) Ingredients (use caution due to cross-contamination potential):
- Burgers – Hamburger and Quarter Pounder®
- Chicken – The fried chicken items listed are dairy free but are fried in a common fryer with Buttermilk Crispy Chicken. McChicken, Premium Crispy Chicken Classic Sandwich, Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich, Southern Style Crispy Chicken Sandwich, and Chicken Selects® Premium Breast Strips, Chicken McNuggets®
- Pork – McRib
- Sauces – Tangy Barbeque, Sweet Chili, Honey Mustard, Sweet ‘N Sour, Chipotle Barbeque, and Hot Mustard
- Salads – Side Salad
- Salad Dressings – Newman’s Own® Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Breakfast – English Muffin, Sausage Patty, and Scrambled Eggs
- Desserts – Apple Slices, Baked Hot Apple Pie, and McDonaldland® Cookies
Special Order (use caution due to cross-contamination potential):
- Burgers (hold the cheese) – McDouble, Big Mac (the Big Mac Sauce is dairy-free, but it does contain egg)
- Chicken (hold the cheese) – The fried chicken items listed are dairy free but are fried in a common fryer with Buttermilk Crispy Chicken. Premium Crispy Chicken Club Sandwich, Premium Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich, Chipotle BBQ Snack Wrap®-Crispy, Chipotle BBQ Snack Wrap®-Grilled, Honey Mustard Snack Wrap®-Crispy, and Honey Mustard Snack Wrap®-Grilled
- Chicken (hold the sauce or request mayo instead of ranch) – The fried chicken items listed are dairy free but are fried in a common fryer with Buttermilk Crispy Chicken. Premium Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich and Premium Crispy Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich
- Salads (hold the cheese & choose from a non-dairy dressing (above)) – The fried chicken items listed are dairy free but are fried in a common fryer with Buttermilk Crispy Chicken. Premium Southwest Salad, Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken, Premium Southwest Salad with Crispy Chicken, Premium Bacon Ranch Salad, Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken, Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Crispy Chicken, Premium Asian Salad, and Premium Asian Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Breakfast (hold the cheese) – Egg McMuffin®, Egg White Delight McMuffin®, Bacon and Egg Bagel, Sausage McMuffin®, Sausage and Egg McMuffin®, and Plain Bagel
Restaurant Website: www.mcdonalds.com
Ingredient & Allergen Information: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/ingredientslist.pdf
Last Updated: September 11, 2015