5 Star Selection from Go Dairy Free ~ This product was chosen by our staff as a top pick for quality and taste.
American Vintage Wine Biscuits™ are amazingly unique and delicious! Aptly named, these are far more than crackers. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only handmade crackers on the market. The special care is evident. Thickly sliced like miniature biscuits, every bite tastes of natural quality.
We decided that a few bags of these wine biscuits were more than worthy to accompany us to a recent holiday gathering. I neatly laid out two rows of each flavor alongside the other hors’deurves. They were a huge hit. It was fun to watch partygoers as they were startled by the pleasant, yet bold taste. Each person couldn’t resist trialing all three flavors. A group quickly gathered to debate which flavor was the best. Though they are an easy accompaniment to dips and spreads, most people seemed to enjoy them a la carte.
Not surprisingly, the biscuit packages were almost as popular as their contents. The beautiful design makes them truly gift-worthy. That and the fact that wine is actually the first ingredient! I for one would be elated to receive these neatly packaged little indulgences any time of year.
- Pros: Vegan; Made with wheat flour; All natural; Beautifully packaged; Delicious; Handmade
- Cons: These are touch indulgent fat and calorie-wise as well, especially if you down the whole package (but well worth it!)
- Gift Giving
- Parties – Alone or with a Fine Dip or Spread
- Paring with Wine
- Casual Indulgence
- White Wine, Shallot & Cayenne – The sweet onion-y taste of the shallots made these my favorite selection. A bit of heat from the cayenne does sneak up on you in the end, but I did not find it overwhelming.
- Red Wine & Black Pepper – This flavor went the quickest. It had a subtle, simplistic flavor with a light peppery taste. It seemed to be the best choice for paring with spreads.
- Chianti, Oregano & Crushed Red Pepper – The wonderful oregano fragrance is nicely contrasted by a burst of spice from the crushed red pepper. I found this to be the boldest of the three flavors, though the Chianti adds just a touch of sweetness
Where to Buy:
- Online – Direct from American Vintage
- In Stores – I have spotted them at several fine food grocers and retailers
The Facts on American Vintage Wine Biscuits
Certifications: We didn’t find any certifications for these American Vintage Wine Crackers
Dietary Notes: By ingredients,American Vintage Wine Biscuits are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free,vegan / plant-based, vegetarian. Nonetheless, always read the ingredient statement and check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
For More Product Information: Visit the Wine Crackers website at winecrackers.com