This recipe for dairy-free beef stroganoff is a “main course” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Hidemi Walsh. For the creamy tomato sauce, Hidemi uses Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Beef Stroganoff
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and tree nut-free, vegan and vegetarian. Just be sure that you use gluten-free pasta with the base dairy-free beef stroganoff, if needed.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, peeled, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- ¾ lb top round beef steak, thin cut, against the grain
- 1-3/4 cups canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and cook garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Add onions and cook until tender and brown. Add beef and cook until brown.
- Stir in tomato breaking up the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato ketchup and Dijon mustard. Then stir in almond milk. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with pasta.