So how are black bean brownies? Hannah is happy to offer some insight:
No, I’m not going to lie, these are not the cookies you turn to when you’re looking for some serious chocolate indulgence, a mouthful of rich, sugary fudge; These are admittedly “healthy” tasty. But as someone who’s constantly stuffed with sweets, it really was a nice change of pace. The beans are really impossible to detect, and warmed for a few seconds in the microwave, they’re definitely a worthwhile treat that won’t have your conscience up in arms.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar in the raw
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8×8 square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 30 minutes or until brownies appear to be set and firm.
- Let cool before attempting to serve. I love them especially after they’ve spent some time in the fridge, personally.