For a twist on these fudgy no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies – try mixing the flavor up by substituting carob powder for the cocoa or almond butter for the peanut butter!
Special Diet Notes: Fudgy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For peanut-free: swap in your favorite nut or seed butter for the peanut butter. Almond butter or Sunbutter would be delicious in this recipe.
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the maple syrup, oil, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter, rolled oats and vanilla until well blended.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto waxed paper and chill to set, about 30 minutes.