This dairy-free sweetened condensed milk is another fun, helpful, shortcut recipe that I created for Growing Naturals. As a holiday special, they are offering Go Dairy Free viewers a 40% discount on their Dairy-Free Rice Milk Powder, now through December 4th!!! Use the following coupon code when adding the product to your cart: DAIRYFREE40.
Yes, it really is instant. Just 5 basic ingredients, 5 minutes, and a blender is all that stands between you and dairy-free sweetened condensed milk.
This luxurious no-cook, dairy-free recipe can be used as a 1:1 replacement for 1 can of sweetened condensed milk in recipes. And with the ingredients that I use, it is a top allergen-free and vegan substitute, too.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and generally food allergy-friendly.
Sweetener options: This recipe for dairy-free sweetened condensed milk really does work best with regular or organic white sugar. For a more caramel-like flavor, coconut sugar can be substituted. I do not recommend date sugar (and most likely maple sugar), which yielded a mixture that was way too thick.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons dairy-free vanilla milk powder (I use Growing Naturals Organic Vanilla Rice Milk Drink)
- ¾ cup sugar (I used organic sugar - see my note in the post above on alternate sweeteners)
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO canola, rice bran, grapeseed, or melted coconut oil
- Generous pinch salt
- Place the rice milk powder and sugar in your blender.Whiz the ingredients for about 30 seconds, or until powdered.
- Add the water, oil, and salt to your blender and blend for 2 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- Use as a substitute for sweetened condensed milk in recipes!