This amazing and easy dairy-free cookie recipe is from my good friend, Sarah of No Whey, Mama. It was originally posted as a part of a feature article, but I thought her overnight oatmeal cookies recipe deserved it’s own home.
Special Diet Notes: Overnight Oatmeal Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
Though we haven’t tested an egg-free version of the overnight oatmeal cookies, I believe aquafaba could be a good vegan substitute.
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The night before you bake, mix up the oats, brown sugar, and oil in a large bowl.
- The next morning, preheat your oven to 325ºF and mix the eggs, salt, and vanilla into your oat mixture.
- Drop the dough from a teaspoon onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove promptly from the oven.
- Let cool just 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to a cooling rack.