This recipe for pasta dairy-free frittata is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Mimi Chang. To qualify, the recipe includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Mimi says this dairy-free frittata is an “excellent way to use leftover pasta. BUT I admit that for this dish, I will go ahead and boil spaghetti for the sole reason that I am craving pasta frittata. Eggs and radishes always symbolize spring. And although this dish is not vegan, the lack of meat lightens things up.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Spring Pasta Dairy-Free Frittata
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk (not lite)
- 2 teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 16-ounce bag of radishes, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 6 cups leftover cooked spaghetti (from 12 oz dried – use gluten free noodles, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Beat eggs, coconut milk, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in an oven proof 12-inch skillet with at least 3 inch sides. Add radishes and saute for 4 -5 minutes. Pour ½ cup of water over radishes, lower heat to medium and simmer radishes until all water evaporates and radishes are cooked through and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and add scallions. Saute the radishes and scallions together over medium heat for 1 minute. Add pasta and egg mixture. Incorporate all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat until bottom of frittata is set and eggs firm up, about 6-7minutes. Check every now and then - Lower heat if it seems sides and bottom are browning to quickly.
- Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes to brown top. Let cool at least 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.