This simple Moroccan Carrot Salad is so full of flavor and easy to prepare. It’s a great dish to have in the fridge for a quick healthy side. The flavor develops even more with time as well.
Special Diet Notes: Moroccan Carrot Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 lbs baby carrots, or regular carrots cut into ½ in pieces
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced (1-2 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (may reduce to ¼ t)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional, I omitted)
- Steam carrots until just crisp tender 6-10 min.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over carrots, toss to coat.