The original recipe stated to cook the garlic and cumin in oil first. Extra virgin olive oil really shouldn't be heated, so I used them all raw instead.
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves – 1-2 t minced garlic
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 2 lbs baby carrots, or regular carrots cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/2 t dijon mustard (original stated 1/4 t)
- 1/2 t sea salt (may reduce to 1/4 t)
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper (maybe just to taste)
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro (optional, I omitted)
Steam carrots until just crisp tender 6-10 min. Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over carrots, toss to coat.