I’ve seen both cooked and raw versions of Moroccan Carrot Salad, but I prefer the mine cooked. So this recipe is made with steamed carrots, and is very easy to prepare. Not to mention, it’s full of fresh flavors that pair well with many meals.
Special Diet Notes: Moroccan Carrot Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, paleo, and vegetarian.
- 2 pounds baby carrots, or regular carrots cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional, I usually omit it)
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 to 2 teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Steam the carrots until just crisp tender, about 6 to 10 minutes. Remove the carrots to a serving dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, parsley, cilantro (if using), garlic, cumin, mustard, pepper, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Serve warm, let the flavors meld for an hour at room temperature, or refrigerate for several hours to overnight.