Mary Hunt’s Zucchini Curry Soup (Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about ½ cup
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced or chopped, about 1½ to 2 pounds
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2½ teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
- salt, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the dairy-free margarine over low heat. Sauté the onion, garlic and carrot slowly until onion begins to yellow. Add zucchini, diced apples, chicken broth and curry powder. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Purée the hot soup by transferring to the blender in small batches. Return to the saucepan and add salt and pepper to taste.
Nowheymama note: I might add more apple next time to make the soup even more kid-friendly. But the kids did eat it. Also, I just blended the soup in the pot with my immersion blender.