This recipe for stuffed mini peppers is an “appetizer” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Catherine Norris. For the coconut-infused rice, she uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
Catherine says, “I love to make this stuffed mini peppers recipe, it’s simple and fun. Using an assortment of colored peppers makes this appetizer look especially festive. The coconut rice is really tasty and always delights friends.”
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Stuffed Mini Peppers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 1 cup Jasmine or Basmati rice
- ¾ cup water
- 1-1/4 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lime peel
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut, to garnish
- Rinse and drain rice in cold water. Next add the rice, water, coconut milk, and salt together in a pot over high heat and, bring the to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting and cover the pot tightly with the lid. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes until done.
- Mix lime peel and crushed walnuts into the cooked rice.
- Cut the side length of the peppers, and remove the veins and seeds (save the cut-offs for other usage). Fill each pepper with the coconut rice mixture. Place on greased tray and bake at 350ºF for 20-30 mins.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with toasted shredded coconut and cilantro and olives.