These pork tacos are prepared Southwestern-style with a flavor combination of honey and spice.
To ensure your pork tacos are juicy and tender, cook the chops to an internal temperature of 145°F with a 3-minute rest. They can be sizzled in a skillet, or grilled.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Pork Tacos
These pork tacos are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and gluten-free (as long as you use the wheat-free tamari!)
For soy-free, coconut aminos are available as a substitute for soy sauce, or you could omit and season with a little salt.
For accompaniments, note that there are a few brands of dairy-free sour cream on the market, but we prefer to use my homemade cashew sour cream, guacamole (which is usually dairy-free; check the ingredients or make your own!), or simply avocado slices. For a tasty allergy-friendly side dish, add a rice pilaf with fresh cilantro.
This recipe was shared with us by the National Pork Board.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or wheat-free tamari (for gluten-free)
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (smoked or plain paprika can be used as an alternative)
- 1 pound thinly-cut boneless pork chops (1/2-inch thick), cut into strips
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or your favorite salsa)
- Dairy-free sour cream, avocado, or guacamole (optional)
- Combine the honey, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and ground chipotle pepper in a medium bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add the sliced pork to the marinade and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the slices of pork to the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, flipping with tongs in the middle of the cooking process. Once cooked, remove the pork to a plate.
- Arrange the corn tortillas on a platter. Sprinkle each with equal amounts of shredded lettuce and pico de gallo. Arrange a few pieces of pork on top of each taco, and top with dairy-free sour cream, avocado, or guacamole, if desired.