Vegan Dinner Rolls
This Vegan Dinner Rolls recipe was an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest
Recipe By: Natalie Melkowski
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup warm unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 oz or 2-1/4 teaspoons) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Cooking Spray
- Dairy-free margarine, for serving
- In a measuring cup place 1 tablespoon vinegar and fill up to 1 cup line with the almond or
- coconut milk.
- Heat in microwave for about 40 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture, oil and water; beat until moistened.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Roll out to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spray tops with a small amount of cooking spray to help them turn golden brown while baking.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with dairy-free margarine.
You can also use this amazing dough as a crust for savory dishes or appetizers; or as a substitute for crescent rolls!
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, Thanksgiving, vegan, vegetarian