Several years ago, a reader Nancy recommended Bob Evans Restaurants to us. “Bob Evans in Lexington KY was absolutely wonderful. Attributes included: the server knew what to suggest, the server checked it out with the chef, the chef cleaned the grill before cooking.”
Bob Evans also offers an allergen menu, which we paired up with information from their current menu and their staff to create this detailed dairy-free menu with custom order options.
Dairy-Free Menu Guide for Bob Evans Restaurants
Unfortunately, all of the desserts, including the bakery pies, contain milk at Bob Evans. Also, most of their menu meals contain dairy. But they have several dairy-free items and sides to make custom ordering quite easy with this milk-free menu guide.
- Banana Nut Bread
- Brioche Bread (not the Brioche Buns)
- English Muffin
- Marble Wheat Bread
- Potato Bun
- Rye Bread
- Sourdough Bread
- Wheat Bread
- White Bread
Heads Up! Their Dinner Rolls and Biscuits (all varieties) do contain milk.
- Rise & Shine Breakfast (no butter, sub bread for biscuits)
- The Big Egg Breakfast (no butter, sub bread for biscuits)
- Sirloin Steak & Farm-Fresh Eggs (no butter, sub bread for biscuits)
Heads Up! See the Farmhouse Sides below for dairy-free breakfast meat and side options. Their Oatmeal is made with milk, but you might be able to order it prepared with water.
Burgers & Sandwiches
- All American BLT
- Fork-Tender Pot Roast Sandwich (no cheese)
- Farmhouse Hand-Breaded Fried Chicken Sandwich (no cheese, sub dairy-free bread for bun)
- Burger (no cheese, sub dairy-free bread for bun)
- Bacon Burger (no cheese, sub dairy-free bread for bun)
- Rise & Shine Burger (no cheese, sub dairy-free bread for bun)
Heads Up! Bob Evans likes butter! Make sure the bread is unbuttered and that the proteins are not grilled with butter. Also, their Grilled Chicken and Turkey (slow-roasted and sliced) contain milk.
- Hand-Breaded Fried Chicken with dairy-free sides (sub dairy-free bread for rolls)
- Homestyle Fried Chicken Tenders with dairy-free sides (sub dairy-free bread for rolls)
- USDA Choice Sirloin with dairy-free sides (sub dairy-free bread for rolls)
Heads Up! Bob Evans likes butter! Make sure no butter is for cooking or finishing your meal. See the Farmhouse Sides below for dairy-free side options. If you spot the fried Flounder Fillets on the menu (seasonal), they are listed as milk-free. However, their other Seafood items, Grilled Chicken, Slow Roasted Chicken, Bone-in Fried Chicken, Turkey (slow-roasted and sliced), Meatloaf, and Country Fried Steak do contain milk.
- Homestyle Fried Chicken Tenders with dairy-free side
- Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
Heads Up! Their Chicken-N-Noodles soup does contain milk.
- Chicken Salad Fruit Plate (seasonal)
Custom Order: Each of their year-round salads is made with several dairy-containing items, like cheese, grilled chicken, and other items noted below. You will need to custom order and ask about swapping Breaded Chicken Breast, Chicken Salad, or Chicken Tenders for the Grilled Chicken.
Dairy-Free Salad Dressings: Colonial Dressing, French Dressing, Honey Mustard Dressing
Heads Up! The Croutons, Roasted Pecans, and Tortilla Strips at Bob Evans do contain milk. The Italian Dressing also surprisingly contains milk.
- Baked Potato (plain)
- Cornmeal Mush
- French Fries
- Green Beans with Ham
- Hash Browns
- Home Fries
- Sausage (links, patties, and turkey)
- Fresh Fruit
Heads Up! Their Bread Dressing, Grits, and Glazed Carrots do contain milk. The Broccoli and Corn are buttered, but you might be able to order them without butter.
- Cranberry Relish
- Roasted Tomato Mayonnaise
- Ranchero Sauce
- Tarter Sauce
- Wildfire Sauce
Heads Up! All of the Gravies at Bob Evans contain milk.
This Post is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation. This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.
Where to Find Bob Evans Restaurants
These home-style restaurants are located primarily in the East North Central, mid-Atlantic and Southern United States. See their website below for locations, phone numbers, hours, and full menus.